USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
The Capture Of The Ludendorff Bridge During The Battle Of Remagen By The American 1st Army And The Heroic Struggle Of The US 9th Engineer Battalion To Keep It Operational To Help Bring About The End Of The German Third Reich, Presented In The Highest DVD Quality MPG Video Format Of 9.1 MBPS As An Archival Quality MP4 Video Download Or All Regions Format DVD! (Color, 1988, 46 Minutes.) #TheDamnedEngineersAtRemagen #BattleOfRemagen #LudendorffBridge #RemagenBridge #OperationLumberjack #Rhineland #Rhine #RhineRiver #WesternAlliedInvasionOfGermany #EuropeanTheatreOfWWII #SecondEuropeanWar #EuropeanCivilWar #EuropeanTheaterOfWWII #WesternFrontWWII #WorldWarII #WWII #WW2 #WorldWarTwo #WorldWar2 #SecondWorldWar #MP4 #VideoDownload #DVD
The Ludendorff Bridge (sometimes referred to as the Bridge at Remagen) was in early March 1945 one of two remaining bridges across the river Rhine in Germany when it was captured during the Battle of Remagen by United States Army forces on March 7, 1945, during the closing weeks of World War II. Built in World War I to help deliver reinforcements and supplies to the German troops on the Western Front, it connected Remagen on the west bank and the village of Erpel on the eastern side between two hills flanking the river. Midway through Operation Lumberjack, a military operation with the goal of capturing the west bank of the Rhine River and seizing key German cities, the troops of the 1st U.S. Army approached Remagen and were surprised to find that the bridge was still standing. Its capture enabled the U.S. Army to establish a bridgehead on the eastern side of the Rhine. After the U.S. forces captured the bridge, German forces tried to destroy it multiple times until it collapsed on March 17, 1945, ten days after it was captured, killing 18 U.S. Army Engineers. While it stood, the bridge enabled the U.S. Army to deploy 25,000 troops, six Army divisions, with many tanks, artillery pieces and trucks, across the Rhine. It was never rebuilt. The towers on the west bank were converted into a museum and the towers on the east bank are a performing arts space.