USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
The Unprecedented 1985 TV Documentary That Records The Life Of The Amish People In Their Own Communites In All Regions DVD Format! (Color, 56 Min)
From the documentary's narration: "The Amish do not generally permit photography because of their interpretation of the biblical commandment against the making of graven images. We wish to thank those members of the Amish communities of Ohio who bent the rules so this film could be made. At home and amongst themselves, the Amish speak a German dialect, often called Pennsylvania Dutch. They learn English in school, and use it only in their contacts with the outside world. In this film, the Amish speak for themselves; they tell their own story.". Further, "The Amish are descended from the Swiss Anabaptists -- a branch of the Protestant Reformation. They believed in complete separation of church and state, adult baptism, and non-resistance. They were persecuted by Catholic and Protestant state authorities.". Their children are not educated past the eight grade, their children are raised to be farmers in an economy where opportunities to work on a farms dwindle over the years, and yet their way of life continues while at making subtle adjustments to the times. There simply is no other documentary like this, and it is at times inspiring, instructive, troubling, thought-provoking, compassionate and admiring.
Customers Who Purchase This Item Will Also Enjoy:
* The Lost Years Of Jesus DVD Saint Issa Shroud Of Turin
* Exodus: The Birth Of Israel DVD History Of Zionism
* Mahatma Mohandas Gandhi DVD Non-Violent Revolution Biography
* Perspective On Greatness: The Twice-Promised Land DVD Israel
* Holocaust Films DVD Collection
* The Story Of Civilization Will & Ariel Durant MP3 DVD 11 Audiobooks
* The Albrecht Durer Woodcut Collection Hi-Rez JPG Photo CD