USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
Declassified U. S. Government Films Detailing How America Planned To Win A Nuclear War!
*4/7/15: Updated And Upgraded: Updated With All Videos Newly Redigitized In High Quality 9 Mbps DVD Video For Improved Image And Audio Quality, And Upgraded From A Standard Format DVD To A High Quality Dual Layer DVD Format For Easier Storage, Lower Cost And Best Performance In All DVD Players Worldwide!
VOLUME XIV: OPERATIONS CANNIKIN & PLOWSHARE
Atomics At War & Peace Underground
Project Cannikan (13:14)
The Atomic Energy Commission's 1971 series of underground tests conducted on Amchitka Island, Alaska, at 11:00 a.m., Bering Standard Time, on November 6, 1971. It's purpose: to test the design of the Spartan anti-ballistic missile, itself a high-yield nuclear warhead that produced sufficient x-rays and debris to prevent the blackout of ABM radar systems. It also resulted in the formation of a peace activist organization created to stop these tests which ultimately transformed itself into Greenpeace. This film pays particular attention to the overal planning and specific results of the project in a tone both executive and scholarly.
The Amchitka Program (24:16)
This film pays particular attention to Project Cannikan's organization and execution in a reassuring tone no doubt intended to calm the objections of those hostile to the project.
A 1973 film which looks back over the prior 12 some years of this project which endeavored to find peaceful uses of Atomic energy, particularly with regard to excavation, citing Micah 4:3 ("And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more").
Excavating With Nuclear Explosives (8:53)
1968 saw the creation of this film by the Atomic Energy commission with the purpose of selling government and industry the concept of nuclear excavation by way of recounting the progress of the project up to that point.
NOTE: Due to the classified nature of some of their subject matter, the U.S. Department of Defense has in small sections silenced the audio tracks or still-framed the video tracks of some of these films. These portions are not a product defect, are short in duration, and do not detract from a satisfying viewing experience.
Customers Who Buy This Will Also Like:
* *Complete* Nuclear War Test Films Discount DVD Set
* Duck And Cover And More Atomic War Films 2 Dual Layer DVDs
* Half Life (1986) DVD Solomon Island Nuclear Test Medical Scandal
* War And Peace In The Nuclear Age DVD Set TV Series 4 Discs
* Hiroshima DVD Atomic Bombing Documentaries Japan WWII
* Strategic Air Command DVD Jimmy Stewart June Allyson Movie
* Soldiers A History Of Men In Battle DVD Set All 13 Shows 4 Discs
* Cold War Propaganda Films DVD Set 2 Discs
* Twentieth Century History DVD Set Complete TV Series 2 Discs
* Decades: The 1960s DVD Set Peter Jennings TV Series 3 Discs
* The World: A Television History DVD Set All 26 Shows 4 Discs