USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
An Unprecedented Look Into The Now-Demolished Kowloon Walled City, The Hong Kong Triad-Controlled Chinese Enclave Within Kowloon City, Hong Kong, Originally A Chinese Military Fort, Raised During The Opium Trade With The British, Enlisting Loyalty From The Back Alleys And The Corporate Boardrooms Of Hong Kong, That Ultimately Contained 50,000 Residents Until It Was Torn Down With Great Difficulty Between 1993 And 1994, All Here Exposed In This Ground-Breaking Film Documentary Featuring Interviews With Triad Members, Hidden Camera Revelations, And An Unprecedented Filmed Trip Through The Rarely Glimpsed Hidden Interior Of "The Dark City", Presented In The Highest DVD Quality MPG Video Format Of 9.1 MBPS As An Archival Quality All Regions Format DVD, MP4 Video Download Or USB Flash Drive! (1985, Color, 48 Minutes.) #KowloonWalledCity #DarkCities #DeJureCities #DeJureCities #OrganizedCrimeCities #KowloonCity #NewTerritories #HongKongTriad #Triads #OrganizedCrime #ChineseOrganizedCrime #Prostitution #Gambling #IllegalGambling #DrugAbuse #KowloonWalledCityPark #DVD #VideoDownload #MP4 #USBFlashDrive
Kowloon Walled City was an ungoverned and densely populated de jure Chinese enclave within the boundaries of Kowloon City, British Hong Kong. Originally a Chinese military fort, the walled city became an enclave after the New Territories were leased to the United Kingdom by China in 1898. Its population increased dramatically following the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong during World War II. By 1990, the walled city contained 50,000 residents within its 2.6-hectare (6.4-acre) borders. From the 1950s to the 1970s, it was controlled by local triads and had high rates of prostitution, gambling, and drug abuse. In January 1987, the Hong Kong government announced plans to demolish the walled city. After an arduous eviction process, and the transfer of de jure sovereignty of the enclave from China to Britain, demolition began in March 1993 and was completed in April 1994. Kowloon Walled City Park opened in December 1995 and occupies the area of the former walled city. Some historical artefacts from the walled city, including its yamen building and remnants of its southern gate, have been preserved there.