USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
The Complete 14 Episode TV Series Featuring 13 Hour-Long Lectures On The World Religions, Mythologies And Philosphies, Plus The Biographical Film THE HEROfS JOURNEY, Presented In The Highest DVD Quality MPG Video Format Of 9.1 MBPS In An Archival Quality 7 Disc All Regions Format DVD Set, MP4 Video Download Or USB Flash Drive! #JosephCampbell #Mythologists #Folklorists #Mythology #comparativeMythology #Folklore #Religion #ComparativeReligion #WorldReligions #WorldMythology #Spirituality #Mysticism #Philosophy #Buddhism #Taoism #CourtlyLove #Troubadours #Legends #FollowYourBliss #DVD #VideoDownload #MP4 #USBFlashDrive
1) Hero's Journey: The World of Joseph Campbell
2) In the Beginning: Origins of Man and Myth
3) Where People Lived Legends: American Indian Myths
4) And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea: Gods and Goddesses of the Neolithic Period
5) Pharaoh's Rule: Egypt, the Exodus and the Myth of Osiris
6) Sacred Source: Perennial Philosophy of the East
7) Way to Enlightenment: Buddhism
8) From Id to the Ego in the Orient: Kundalini Yoga: Part 1
9) From Psychology to Spirituality: Kundalini Yoga: Part 2
10) Descent to Heaven: Tibetan Book of the Dead
11) From Darkness to Light: Mystery Religions of Ancient Greece
12) Where There Was No Path: Arthurian Legends and the Western Way
13) Noble Heart: Courtly Love of Tristan and Isolde
14) In Search of the Holy Grail: Parzival Legend
Joseph John Campbell , American mythologist and author (March 26, 1904 - October 30, 1987) worked in comparative mythology and comparative religion, and this work covered many aspects of the human experience. Joseph Campbell's magnum opus is his book The Hero with a Thousand Faces (1949), in which he discusses his theory of the journey of the archetypal hero found in world mythologies. Since the book's publication, Campbell's theory has been consciously applied by a wide variety of modern writers and artists. His philosophy has been summarized by his own often repeated phrase: "Follow your bliss.".
Comparative Mythology is the comparison of myths from different cultures in an attempt to identify shared themes and characteristics. Comparative mythology has served a variety of academic purposes. For example, scholars have used the relationships between different myths to trace the development of religions and cultures, to propose common origins for myths from different cultures, and to support various psychological theories. The comparative study of mythologies reveals the trans-national motifs that unify spiritual understanding globally. The significance of this study generates a "broad, sympathetic understanding of these "stories" in human history". The similarities of myth remind humanity of the universality in the human experience.
Comparative religion is the branch of the study of religions concerned with the systematic comparison of the doctrines and practices, themes and impacts (including migration) of the world's religions. In general the comparative study of religion yields a deeper understanding of the fundamental philosophical concerns of religion such as ethics, metaphysics and the nature and forms of salvation. Studying such material facilitates a broadened and more sophisticated understanding of human beliefs and practices regarding the sacred, numinous, spiritual and divine. In the field of comparative religion, a common geographical classification of the main world religions distinguishes groups such as Middle Eastern religions (including Iranian religions), Indian religions, East Asian religions, African religions, American religions, Oceanic religions, and classical Hellenistic religions. There also exist various sociological classifications of religious movements.