USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
Declassified U. S. Government Films Detailing How America Planned To Win A Nuclear War!
VOLUME VIII: OPERATIONS WIGWAM, REDWING & PLUMBBOB
Effectiveness Against Submarines Tested, Second Generation Devices Evaluated & Military Effects Quantified
Commander Joint Task Force 7.3 Presents - Operation Wigwam (1955, Color,36:10)
Just 450 miles off the San Diego coast, the U.S. Navy detonated a submerged 30 kiloton fission device to determine its effectiveness as a weapon for use against submarines, as well as to record the effects of wave creation at nearby, intermediate and long distances from the explosion. A Greek ship off San Diego was roughtly buffetted, the crew thought an earthquake happened and they radioed San Diego to offer assistance.
Military Effects On Operation Redwing (1956, Color, 31:54)
Leaner and meaner devices resulted from conclusions of prior nuclear tests featured in this DVD series, and in Operation Redwing, the devices themselves were put to the test. Devices the size of volleyballs, "clean" or low fallout designs and deliberately "dirty or high fallout devices were all tested, and were deployed at the Eniwetok Proving Ground varioiusly atop towers, dropped from aircraft, barge floated and otherwise.
Operation Redwing (1956, Color, 26:21)
The Commander of Joint Task Force 7.3 Rear Admiral Hanlon's film documenting the assessments and determinations that were made as a result of Operation Redwing.
The United States Atomic Energy Commission Presents - Operation Plumbbob: Weapons Development Report (1957, Color, 22:22)
An extraordinary and controversial series of tests involving 43 military effects tests to determine the effects of a variety of nuclear devices in terms of blast against buildings, the biological effects of radiation upon pigs and more. These were the largest tests ever conducted at the Nevada Proving Ground, and they resulted in fallout determined to be responsible for up to 38,000 cases of throid cancer due to exposure to I-131. One can only wonder what use may have been made of the data obtained from the tests on the air drop capabilities of helicopters and blimps.
NOTE: Due to the classified nature of some of their subject matter, the U.S. Department of Defense has in small sections silenced the audio tracks or still-framed the video tracks of some of these films. These portions are not a product defect, are short in duration, and do not detract from a satisfying viewing experience.
Customers Who Buy This Will Also Like:
* *Complete* Nuclear War Test Films Discount DVD Set
* Duck And Cover And More Atomic War Films 2 Dual Layer DVDs
* Half Life (1986) DVD Solomon Island Nuclear Test Medical Scandal
* War And Peace In The Nuclear Age DVD Set TV Series 4 Discs
* Hiroshima DVD Atomic Bombing Documentaries Japan WWII
* Strategic Air Command DVD Jimmy Stewart June Allyson Movie
* Soldiers A History Of Men In Battle DVD Set All 13 Shows 4 Discs
* Cold War Propaganda Films DVD Set 2 Discs
* Twentieth Century History DVD Set Complete TV Series 2 Discs
* Decades: The 1960s DVD Set Peter Jennings TV Series 3 Discs
* The World: A Television History DVD Set All 26 Shows 4 Discs