USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
The Most Beautiful Women Of The Classical Art World In The Opinion Of Many, Documented Here As-It-Happened In Her 1988 Discovery And 1989 Excavation And Rescue In All Regions DVD Format!
In 1988, an archeological team from Duke University of North Carolina discovered during the closing moments of that year's dig a grand mosaic in the ancient city of Sepphoris, located a few miles north of Nazareth. What peeked out at them from across two millenia was a stunningly beautiful woman's face, dubbed on-the-spot "The Mona Lisa of Galilee". They carefully covered it back up to protect it from the elements and the curious, and they resolved to return to fully excavate the site at some point in the future, and to keep the find as secret as possible in the mean time. The following year the team did return, and in cooperation with Jerusalem's Hebrew University they carefully excavated the mosaic, cleaned it, prepared it for removal using revolutionary new techniques, and painstakingly moved it onto trucks for transport to the Israel Museum in Jerusalem, where it would be completely restored and put on exhibition. The excavations of this mosaic and other sites in ancient Sepphoris (modern day Tzippori) prove what the Duke University team had set out to determine in both their expeditions: that this city had been a place where Jews, Christians and Pagans could live, work and worship side-by-side in peace and prosperity; and this documentary provides a one-of-a-kind, moment-by-moment documentation of these discoveries while providing marvelous imagery and real-life adventure tales (1989, Color, 41 Minutes).
Customers Who Purchase This Will Also Enjoy:
* Nefertari: For Whom The Sun Shines DVD Tomb Restoration
* The Splendid Discovery DVD Treasures Of King Tutankhamun
* Mysteries Of The Great Pyramid DVD Omar Sharif
* Story Of Civilization Will & Ariel Durant MP3 DVD 11 Audiobooks
* Who Built Stonehenge? DVD Horizon
* Footsteps: Machu Picchu And Hiram Bingham III DVD
* Myths And The Moundbuilders Of North America DVD Odyssey
* Secrets Of The Lost Red Paint People DVD Nova
* The World: A Television History 4 Dual Layer DVDs All 26 Shows