USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
The voice of unreasoning hate disguised as the voice of reason broadcasts poisonous invective to the peoples of the United Nations - 14 Wartime Propaganda Broadcasts on 1 MP3 CD!
William Joyce was a natural born American citizen who, after joining Sir Oswald Mosley's British Union of Fascists, obtained a British passport in 1938, then went to Nazi Germany to broadcast back to England, the United States and ultimately to the Allies in general insulting "talks" about the progress of World War II in the fictious person of "Lord Haw Haw". He found himself at war's end hanged for the crime of treason by the British, who took him at his word that he was in fact a British citizen. Many arguments have been made over the years that the assertion he owed allegiance to Britain while he held a British passport was questionable, and that his trial should not have resulted in a guilty verdict. However, while at least one American broadcaster for the Axis who was found guilty of treason has since been justly exonerated (Iva Toguri, incorrectly known as "Tokyo Rose"), the fact that the American citizen Joyce broadcast propaganda to America which did meet American criteria for treason (especially those broadcasts regarding the loss of American ships, a subject specifically cited as a treasonous offense to speak of in the aid of an enemy nation) makes it certain that had he been tried in America, as he clearly could have been, he would have been convicted of the crime of treason - the only difference in outcome would likely have been the punishment he received for the offense, since no other American broadcaster of propaganda in WWII was sentenced to death.
This single disc MP3 CD collection spans the years 1939 to 1945, and includes fourteen of his broadcasts, most never before available for purchase until this CD release. They have been extensively digitally remastered, and some of them can be heard clearly for the first time since they were recorded over half a century ago. Their release is intended as a lesson in the gospel of hatred so that, especially while America and the free world in 2001 are again at war with yet another band of despotic demagogues, these discredited doctrines which have plagued mankind in the past can be recognized and defeated, both now and in the future.
December 1939 - Remarks on damage to HMS Exeter
April 1940 - Denmark & Norway invaded
April 1940 - Denmark & Norway invaded
April 1940 - Denmark & Norway, "Schmidt & Smith"
April 1940 - Russo-Finnish War concludes, The Altmark, Churchill, war review
May 1940 - Holland & Belgium invaded
June 1940 - The fall of France
July 1940 - Invasion of Britain looms, Oran, captured French Archives
Early 1941 - Balkan intentions denied
December 1941 - Pearl Harbor, Japanese Pacific victories
April 1945 - Last broadcast, immediately before British soldiers raided studio
BBC - ''Lord Haw Haw Of Zeesen'' Spoof of Third Reich Radio Propagandists
BBC - Allies Sieze Control of Lord Haw Haw's Studios At Radio Hamburg 19450504
Lord Haw Haw - Last Germany Calling 19450430
You can instead of getting this title in MP3 CD format get it at a big savings as part of the 39 title MP3 DVD discount valuepack * The Old Time Radio World War II MegaSet 4 MP3 DVDs !
Customers Who Purchase This Item Will Also Enjoy:
* The Broadcasts Of ''Axis Sally'' aka Mildred Gillars MP3 CD
* Charlie And His Orchestra WWII Nazi Radio Propaganda Jazz Music MP3 CD
* William L. Shirer - World War II Radio News Broadcasts MP3 CD
* Calling Allied Forces - Axis WW2 Radio Propaganda Audio CD
* Calling America - Axis WW2 Radio Propaganda Audio CD
* Glenn Miller On The Wehrmacht Hour Allied Propaganda Broadcasts Audio CD
* WWII US Pop & Third Reich Marching Songs MP3 CD
* Henchman Of The Third Reich 2 DVD Goering Goebbels Hess
* Complete World War II Films 16 DVD Set
* Complete World War II Aviation Films Collectors DVD Set
* Universal Newsreels: The World War II Films 10 DVD Set
* Complete World War II Propaganda Cartoons ValuePack 4 DVD Set
* D-Day Highlights - Live WWII Radio News Reports MP3 CD
* Edward R. Murrow World War II Radio Broadcasts MP3 CD
* CBS WWII Radio Broadcasts - World News Today MP3 CD
* The Summer Of 1940 - CBS European War News Radio Broadcasts MP3 CD
* Armed Forces Radio Presents - Jubilee! Old Time Radio Jazz Music Series MP3 DVD