USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
The Great Film Director's Second World War Films: THE BATTLE OF SAN PIETRO - So Graphic The U.S. Banned It! | DECEMBER 7th - Winner 1944 Academy Award Best Short Subject Documentary | REPORT FROM THE ALEUTIANS - Nominated Academy Award 1943! 3 Landmark Films And 1 Classic Documentary Fill 3 Full Vivid Hours Packed Into 1 Dual Layer All Regions DVD!
DECEMBER 7th (1944, B&W, 32:28)
Winner of the 1944 Academy Award for Best Short Subject Documentary. A rousing propaganda piece intended for domestic consumption in American movie theaters.
REPORT FROM THE ALEUTIANS (1943, Color, 43:13)
An all-to-often overlooked theater of the American-Japanese war is covered in this Oscar nominated and New York Film Critics Special Award winning film.
THE BATTLE OF SAN PIETRO (1945, B&W, 32:10)
This is the most graphic, most uncompromising and most realistic depiction of the life of an American fighting soldier ever done by an American World War II Propaganda film, so much so that it was banned from being shown in American theaters! Winner of the National Film Registry Award, 1991.
SPECIAL BONUS EXTRA: WHILE SOLDIERS FOUGHT: WAR AND AMERICAN SOCIETY - WINNING THE WAR ON FILM (28 Min., Color)
An analysis and survey of the most powerful American World War II propaganda films: the ''Why We Fight'' series by director Frank Capra and ''Battle of San Pietro'' by director John Huston. An episode of the venerable TV documentary series on the societal effects of America's wars on its people.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Enjoyed:
* WHY WE FIGHT DVDS ALL 8 EPISODES OF ALL 7 FILMS 5 DISCS
* WORLD WAR II PROPAGANDA CARTOONS
* THE FIGHTING LADY 1944 DVD
* UNIVERSAL NEWSREELS THE WWII FILMS DVD SET
* BATTLELINE WORLD WAR II DOCUMENTARY SERIES 10 DVD SET
* THE OLD TIME RADIO WWII MEGASET 4 MP3 DVDs
* BATTLE OF THE BULGE DOCUMENTARIES DVD
* KAMIKAZE DOCUMENTARIES DVD
* PATTON WORLD WAR II DOCUMENTARIES DVD
* D-DAY DOCUMENTARIES WWII TV SHOWS 3 DVD SET
* MEIN KAMPF DVD