USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
The First Thirty Years Of The History Of ''The Talkies'' In All Regions DVD Format!
Henry Fonda narrates this 1962 production that was the first TV documentary retrospective of Hollywood. It begins with Al Jolson's ''The Jazz Singer'' amd tje forst a;; ta;lomg picture ''The Lights Of New York'' through the ranks of the silent stars that were able to transition to talkies to the first sound movie stars; the birth of the musical motion picture and the productions of Busby Berkeley; the movie heavies like Edward G. Robinson and Jimmy Cagney; sex symbols like Mae West and Jean Harlow; family entertainment stars like Shirley Temple and Mickey Rooney; the development of comedy and drama; male hearthrobs like Clark Gable and Jimmy Stewart; the World War II years; the USO shows of Bob Hope; the threat of television and the cinema's reaction with wide screens, science fiction, horror and movie spectaculars; the next generation of stars like Marlon Brando, Marilyn Monroe and Tony Curtis; much more (Black and White, 46 Minutes, All Regions DVD Format).
Customers Who Purchase This Item Will Also Enjoy:
* Hollywood The Golden Years: The RKO Story 2 DVDs All 6 Shows
* Hollywood 1980 TV Documentary Series 13 Shows 4 Dual Layer DVDs
* Charlie Chaplin Carnival, Festival & Cavalcade DVD 12 Soundies
* Buster Keaton: A Hard Act To Follow DVD All 3 TV Shows
* Wings (1927) DVD Clara Bow Gary Cooper WWI Aviation Film
* Our Hospitality DVD Buster Keaton Score By Carl Davis
* The Cat And The Canary 1927 DVD Paul Leni Laura La Plante
* Television 1988 TV Documentary Series 8 Shows 4 Dual Layer DVDs
* Vaudeville TV Vanities Olsen & Johnson Ben Blue Dual Layer DVD