USD. Free Shipping Worldwide!
The Rarest And Most Complete Old Time Captain Kangaroo TV Shows Collection Available Anywhere! A Complete 1961 & A Complete 1968 Broadcast By The Most Beloved Kid Show Host Of The Baby Boom Generation, Bob Keeshan! 2 Heart-Warming Hours Packed Into 1 All Regions DVD!
*5/22/15: Upgraded With Video Newly Redigitized In High Quality 9 Mbps DVD Video For Improved Image And Audio Quality!
It wasn't until later years that I realized, when my wife pointed it out to me, that I had a particular fascination with clocks. I hadn't particularly noticed it before, but as a child, I was indeed aware of the importance of time and the spending of it wisely. But while my fascination with clocks as an instrument of time had to be pointed out, I recognized instantly, as I viewed the footage that became the contents of this DVD, exactly where that fascination came from. It was from Grandfather Clock, the kindly faced grand time piece character who would alternately wake and sleep and reawake and who oversaw all the goings-on in "The Treasure House" on the set of "Captain Kangaroo". My watching the show as a young child in the 1960s had resulted in the adoption of a number of different moral values, all kindly imparted by the grand old man of childrens television Bob Keeshan, and it's apparent now that chief among those values adopted was a respect for time as symbolized by Grandfather Clock. My parents decades later had the unique fortune of having dinner with Mr. Keeshan, and they had the opportunity to tell him how much I and my siblings enjoyed the show. I regret not having had the opportunity to tell him myself how much the kindness dispensed on his show was appreciated, but I know that he would feel that our continuing to watch and enjoy these shows in the spirit in which they were broadcast would truly be thanks enough.
01: CAPTAIN KANGAROO (1961, B&W, 53:42)
02: CAPTAIN KANGAROO (1968, B&W, 52:34)
Customers Who Buy This Will Also Like:
* Peter Pan Mary Martin DVD Color TV 1960 Original TV Production
* Peter Pan Mary Martin DVD Original 1955 Old Time TV
* Howdy Doody DVD Set Lost TV Shows 2 Discs
* Pinky Lee DVD Classic TV Kid Shows
* 4 Disc Classic TV Kid Shows Complete DVD Set
* Wonderama DVD Bob McAllister TV Kid Show Episodes Outtakes
* The Soupy Sales TV Show DVD MegaSet 6 Discs
* Sandy Becker DVD Classic TV Kid Show Episodes And Outtakes
* Chuck McCann DVD Dual Layer TV Shows 1960s New York City Kids TV
* Paul Winchell Jerry Mahoney DVD Set TV Shows 2 Discs
* Captain Video DVD + Space Patrol TV Shows Old Time Television